So where do you stand with your goals so far this year? (As of today there are only 166 days left until the end of the year) Are you on track to reach your income goals?
If your income goal for this year is: $150,000 You should have made $87,500, if not you have some catching up to do…
The end of each month is a great time to go back and take a look at your goals for the month, the quarter & the year and see where you are.
If you are like me, you have big goals and the best of intentions of getting them accomplished and marking them down as accomplished, but…..then life gets in the way and before you know it, its December and you haven’t accomplished any of your goals for the year. And then you start the vicious cycle over again.
So how do you make sure that you accomplish what you want to this year? The answer quite frankly is extremely simple.
But before I get to the 1 thing you absolutely HAVE to do in order to accomplish your goals this year – lets look a few other things that you should be doing on a daily, weekly & monthly basis:
– Look at your goals – yes actually look at them regularly
– Break up your goals – smaller “mini-goals” are much easier to accomplish than large goals
– Have a deadline – each and every goal should have a date attached to it and mini-deadlines or milestones along the way
– Be realistic – It’s ok to overstretch your goals (gotta get outside your comfort zone), but don’t make them so unrealistic that you set yourself up for failure
– Commit to yourself – You have to make a commitment to yourself that you are going to accomplish your goals this year
And the last thing – TAKE ACTION. Seems obvious right?
But so few people actually do this step, they like to talk about it, write it down, but if you do not actually take action you are going to fail (every single time). So your task for this week to:
– Clearly identify 2 to 3 things that you want to accomplish between now and the end of the year
– And create a Specific action plan AND implement it over the next 166 days.
Don’t be one of those people that look back at the end of the year and say “where did the year go?”