Friday Roundup – November 24, 2017
Each and Every Friday – I outline a few of the articles and /or books that I have read over the last week or two that are worth taking a look at.
- Free. It’s a magical price, and it’s reshaping business as we know it. This story starts back in 1872, when saloons started to offer “free” food to anybody who purchased at least one drink. The food ranged from sandwiches to full course meals, the cost of which were far more than the cost of the drink. The saloon owners, of course, were betting that the customers would end up buying more than drink, and develop the habit of stopping by for their “free” lunch.This is where the term “there’s no such thing as a free lunch” originated.
- In this post you’ll get 21 insightful marketing lessons from Ryan Holiday, author of books like Trust Me, I’m Lying and Growth Hacker Marketing. Find out why you should give stuff away for free, how to find your champions, what it means to “trade it up the chain,” and much more.
- I came across this site recently and highly recommend it. It’s basically an email swipe file containing great copy from companies like Slack, Trello, Basecamp, Pinterest, and many more.
- In this guide you’ll take a look at examples of view-through conversions, examine the metric’s key advantages and disadvantages, and outline ways for marketers to see results. You’ll also learn how to track view-through conversions through the BuySellAds platform.
- On December 7th – 9th in Orlando Florida – I will be hosting a 3 day event on Lead Generation. This will not be your typical event, we will be going deep (and actually help you implement while you are here). Check it out and let me know if you have any questions!