Facebook Advertising is one of the best tools to market your business. The targeting options are phenomenal. But if you don’t know what you are doing – you will blow through a ton of cash and throw your hands up in frustration and say Facebook sucks and doesn’t work. Or my business is different….if only….
But let’s dive in to 5 Facebook Ad Tips to get you on your way:
1. Go in with established goals. Do you want more website visits? More Facebook likes? More fan engagement? Conversions? Video Views? Each of these metrics has its own value, so choose your main objective before you get started, as it will affect your Facebook account structure. The Facebook ad type you go with will depend on what you’re trying to achieve. If you don’t have the right objective you won’t have the results that you want….
2. Have an eye-catching image. The image is a good chunk of the ad. And the image is what catches the attention of the end user. So make sure it catches their eye and stands out in the newsfeed. If you don’t? Well – they keep on scrolling and you just wasted money…. At the top of your funnel don’t use any branding in your image or images of you. Nobody cares about you or your brand (at this point).
3. Use Video! Video is king right now and Facebook loves video. Video gets you crazy engagement and it is a great way to grow a list of engaged users and move them to the next step of your funnel. So use video!
4. Keep it short. Concise posts tend to fare better than their lengthier counterparts – it’s recommended that you trim down your words to somewhere between 100 and 250 characters for optimal engagement. No one’s looking to read the next great American novel in their News Feed.
5. Be Patient. Most people aren’t patient enough with Facebook Ads. We want instant gratification and if that doesn’t happen we throw a fit. Marketing is something that you need to have patience with. It is a slow and steady approach. If you don’t test, look at the numbers, and revise – you are setting yourself up for failure….