Friday Roundup – November 10, 2017
Each and Every Friday – I outline a few of the articles and /or books that I have read over the last week or two that are worth taking a look at.
- David Sandler was a fascinating guy. Back in 1966 he was struggling as a young sales person. He was applying what he had been trained to do, but wasn’t having much success closing deals. He was spending too much time making cold calls and presentations to prospects that didn’t have the authority or money to become his customers.He decided to take matters in his own hands and try a radically new approach. It went against everything that he had been taught, and it worked. Really, really well. Sandler started making what he called “verbal contracts” with his prospects, and created an entire selling system designed to take back control of the sales process from the customer. To this day his approach is being used by tens of thousands of companies around the world, and because it was founded on basic principles of psychology, it works just as well today as it did in 1966.
- You’re generating traffic and converting leads, but is it enough? While landing pages are easily the most important pages on your website (they’re where you convey value, earn trust, and convert visitors into leads), marketers often struggle to understand their performance. With no clear picture of whether or not you’re on the right track, it’s easy to feel stuck. So, to help unstick you, we’ve decided to shed some light on the situation and address the all-too-common question – “what is a good landing page conversion rate?”
- Running a contest or a promotional giveaway is one of my favorite ways for a company to connect with their customers. But like so many other aspects of business, I see too many people doing this wrong. That’s OK – for now. While it may sound simple, promotional campaigns like this aren’t as easy as just picking a name out of a hat. You want to run a giveaway that creates brand awareness and generates a profit for your company.
- Matt is a New York Times bestselling author and founder of the popular travel blog nomadicmatt.com. He’s been to the best places on earth, his blog has 1 million visitors per month… and he makes a living writing about travel. In this post, Nomadic Matt shares how got his start, grew his site, recommendations on how to make money blogging, and tons more.
- On December 7th – 9th in Orlando Florida – I will be hosting a 3 day event on Lead Generation. This will not be your typical event, we will be going deep (and actually help you implement while you are here). Check it out (and let me know if you have any questions!