Friday Roundup – July 21st, 2017
Each and Every Friday – I outline a few of the articles and /or books that I have read over the last week or two that are worth taking a look at.
- Often in life, we try our best to figure out how to tame our inbox, we spend hours filling in questionnaires on dating websites hoping to find our perfect match, or take our kids to the local playground instead of letting them run loose in the neighborhood. We operate our daily life in a way to create a world that is well ordered, systemised, quantified and neatly structured. We surrender to the temptation of a tidy-minded approach in the belief that it will make our life better.
But did you know that the way you’ve been operating on a daily basis all but ensures that you are not ready to deal with the challenges that life throws at you in creative and novel ways?
- Today is my birthday and a gift for myself is letting you know about my good friend Charlie Hoehn’s new book, Play It Away. This is marketing month on OkDork and we’ve already featured these posts:
– How to Grow a Blog to 100,000 Visitors in Less Than a Year
– How to Create a Marketing Plan
I first met Charlie while he was filming a video for a friend of mine and I got cold water thrown on my face. I remember Charlie throughout all my interactions as having an amazing attitude and always reliable. When Charlie’s book came out I wanted to let you know about it and asked him to share how he’s helped some of the top authors in the world to get to #1 on Amazon.com. Below you’ll find some very actionable steps and methods to successfully market your own book.
- Google Tag Manager (GTM) is the buffer that keeps marketers and your IT or development departments happy. It’s used for conversion tracking, retargeting, analytics, and more. GTM is basically a container which houses all the tracking scripts (or tags) for your site. Because they’re all in one container, it makes it easy to keep track and manage your tags in one place.
GTM launched by Google on October 1, 2012 as a way to help marketers understand the behaviors and gain insights into how audiences are performing. While we’ve had tools at our disposal before, many have required someone with coding experience to add “tags” to our website.
Why You Should Care
GTM has many great features to help you manage your tagging needs.
- He’s LeBron’s business partner. One of the famous Four Horsemen who grew up with King James in Ohio. And one of the only people on earth who knows if that lifetime Nike deal was really worth a billion dollars. Here, Maverick Carter shares his battle-tested tactics—and the big secret. Like Clint Eastwood and Christopher Nolan, Maverick Carter has his office on the Warner Bros. studio lot. Once you get past security, you drive by pinup western storefronts to a section of cookie-cutter houses with vinyl siding. (Gilmore Girls was filmed here.) Even the grass looks like it’s from Milwaukee. Outside one of the houses are reserved parking spots that read: “M. Carter” and “L. James.” That and the shiny silver Maybach parked out front are the only tells that inside this unassuming house, the future of sports marketing and entertainment is being crafted. This is where Maverick Carter gets to work.